Section Feedback

MalwareTech

Hey everyone, 

What do you think of the current section layout? The goal is to keep things light while we're building up activity and spin out more subsections later. 

Let me know if there's something extra you'd like to see, or if you feel like something doesn't fit right.

Thanks 🙂

• Like 5

Tbh, i am quite surprised on how good the design is on everything, feels a mix between a forum with a dash of mastodon(for lack of better words) where there's everything you expect from a forum but also ways to keep track of stuff that is happening forum wide trough the discovery section and real time pop-up notifications. the overall design is also very clean and easy to navigate.😄

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kazukidevnull said:

Tbh, i am quite surprised on how good the design is on everything, feels a mix between a forum with a dash of mastodon(for lack of better words) where there's everything you expect from a forum but also ways to keep track of stuff that is happening forum wide trough the discovery section and real time pop-up notifications. the overall design is also very clean and easy to navigate.😄

Yeah, I'm very impressed with the capabilities of the forum software. Kind of running a test to see if people prefer the forum side or the social media-y side. If a lot of people are liking the social media aspect, we may create a dedicated server. 

19 minutes ago, MalwareTech said:

Yeah, I'm very impressed with the capabilities of the forum software. Kind of running a test to see if people prefer the forum side or the social media-y side. If a lot of people are liking the social media aspect, we may create a dedicated server. 

Yeah, it's very slick, intuitive and responsive on mobile. Nice.

5 hours ago, MalwareTech said:

Just my 2 cents. I love having a forum that can be indexed by searches or I can send a link to. Many conversations that take place on discord/mastodon/twitter are difficult to find without a lot of sifting through old messages/posts. Forums are much easier way to find things IMO.

• Like 1

Just got one suggestion for the "Off Topic"  section.  It would be nice to have a "Culture" subsection where people could post about books, movies, music, games, etc. related to infosec and "hacker culture" in general.

I see there is already a "Gaming" subsection but a general "Culture" subsection would allow people to spout off about the greatness of the 1974 film "The Conversation", review new books in the Infosec space, rave about their favorite electronic music and maybe post news items about what old time legends like KevinMitnick are up to now. Good times!

• Like 4

a ctf subsection would be nice to have although i'd worry about spoilers since it doesn't seem like there's a formatting option for hiding text

• Like 3