Deloitte Employee behind Cybercrime gang WhiteInt

NeonPayload

One of the employee's at Deloitte's India branch found to have been hacking British companies.

Under the group name WhiteInt/Jain Arvind has been hacking companies for about 7 years.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/deloitte-s-india-office-employee-masterminds-global-hack-says-report-122110600787_1.html

https://www.timesnownews.com/business-economy/companies/deloitte-india-employee-who-ran-global-hacking-gang-whiteint-fired-article-95372229

• Like 3

I wonder if they used their access at Deloitte to target additional marks. The potential for insider threat is really incredible with a company like that and I'm sure their security team is having a busy week.

Honestly, I'm actually impressed of the little number of cases like this.

I mean, as @imlordofthering noted, there are millions of people with access to privileged information of pretty much anything out there. The fact that most of the people don't take advantage of it is really encouraging.

Don't get me wrong, I want to believe that most of us are highly educated individuals, we know what is wrong and what is not. But just by the huge amount of people working on the field, statistically there should be tons of cases such as this (at the end of the day.... C.R.E.A.M. iykwim). But in reality, there are not so many, and that is great.

• Like 1

I would hope that if someone was using insider information to pick targets, it would make it easier for investigators to pin down the source by finding the commonality, but that doesn't help if the incidents are only investigated in isolation.

An Associate Director of Deloitte, Deloitte does most of the consulting related to government infrastructure in many countries. Imagine access to all the information related to government. As far as I know Director have the power to do most of the thing, a normal employee won't asked a question to the director. And that director stayed in the flat with group of other individuals to do high profile scam. There are other case from that Gurugram big4 consulting as well, I heard that a year ago, somebody was trying to steal the data with a pendrive and he was fired, that was PWC. The Indian Big 4 are always on the news of scam. I knew this story because I had worked with one of the director of PWC in the past.

16 hours ago, DrDisexon said:

An Associate Director of Deloitte, Deloitte does most of the consulting related to government infrastructure in many countries. Imagine access to all the information related to government. As far as I know Director have the power to do most of the thing, a normal employee won't asked a question to the director. And that director stayed in the flat with group of other individuals to do high profile scam. There are other case from that Gurugram big4 consulting as well, I heard that a year ago, somebody was trying to steal the data with a pendrive and he was fired, that was PWC. The Indian Big 4 are always on the news of scam. I knew this story because I had worked with one of the director of PWC in the past.

I know India is somewhat known for scamming. Having access to all that information most definitely would give an edge. 😬