category wide mark as read

Florian

it would be nice, if i could mark stuff category wide a read. 

Sometimes "to much happens" and if i am not interessted in e.g. Hardware it would be nice if i could mark just Hardware or just Technology as read not all threads

• Thanks 1

It's a little bit all over the place but this stuff exists. On the front page you can click the speech bubbles icon to mark a "big" forum like Technology read. If you drill into a smaller one like Hardware then there's a "Mark forum as read" button near the top right.

oh, there it is, by the sort button...

It might be nice if it were marked with the same color as the "this place has unread messages" color, to emphasize it and make it easier to find?

The 'mark forum as read' button seems to appear a bit inconsistently, unless I'm missing something. For example, it's appearing next to the 'sort by' button in the Announcements and Suggestions forums, but doesn't appear there in the Cybersecurity or Technology forums. I do see that you can mark those forums as read from the home page, but it'd be nice to have the option also appear within the forum itself.

• Like 1

Thinking about the use-cases some more, it might be nice to be able to designate some sections as "ignore new posts from this subforum"? e.g. I'm not terribly likely to look in the offensive security section most of the time because that's not my primary interest, but I definitely want to keep on top of everything in the defensive security section, so if I had a means of ignoring new posts in offsec that would make notifications more actionable and pertinent overall for me.