Black Friday Deals in Tech

Chauke

Hello everyone,

what kind of good deals for tech are you looking for if any ?

I am planning to buy a new NVME Drive because are really cheap lately and i currently need a lot of space for certain software.
This one looks pretty good in partikular: 
https://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Heatsink-Internal-Compatible-MZ-V8P2T0CW/dp/B09JHL33X7?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_2675836c_63&th=1

[I swear it is not a ref link]

Edited by Chauke
  • Like 2

I'd even consider getting the 2TB one. I always seem to outgrow what seemed like reasonably sized disks at the time of purchase. Now have to split my data up among loads of 500gb disks and just wish I'd gone for bigger ones in the first place. I've also never had a disk fail on me which may just be extremely lucky, still have hard drives from 10+ years ago.

It might be a decent time to buy a gaming computer as GPU prices have dropped over the last year. I bought a Lenovo Legion a while back and it's been good for hash-cracking, playing with Stable Diffusion, and the occasional gaming.

Edited by hyperreality
  • Like 1

Definitely go for the 2TB if you can.  With SSDs within the same "family" (e.g. "980 Pro") larger capacities will tend to be faster (due to essentially being RAID-0ed over more physical NAND flash chips) and last longer (more room for wear leveling).

Something to consider on the 980 Pros is if you actually want the heatsinked version (there is a version without it).  Many "enthusiast-grade" desktop motherboards have their own integrated M.2 heatsink solutions these days and not all laptops have space for a heatsink.

• Like 1

I'm hoping I can grab some SSDs ( maybe a 990 if I get the chance ) but I also like to buy random tech to play around with. I would like to also buy some other upgrades but idk if I'll have the money for much ;-;