Competitive Gaming

garandou

I'm very into competitive FPS games, mainly Call of Duty and Valorant but like to move between those and casual Switch games, as well as World of Warcraft.

7 hours ago, crankysysadmin said:

I used to be good as CS:GO back in the day. If anyone is playing, hit me up!

come over to val with 128 tick servers and less hax going on😂

1 hour ago, kazukidevnull said:

Ah is that what the cool kids are doing these days. I’ll download it tomorrow and try it out. Looks like it’s free! 

2 minutes ago, crankysysadmin said:

Ah is that what the cool kids are doing these days. I’ll download it tomorrow and try it out. Looks like it’s free! 

yeah, most most pro's have jumped over to that, specially in NA, CSGO is still going strong in EMEA thought, so it's less profitable for teams from that area, but it's increasing rapidly.

Btw, to combat smurfs and hax accs, they require you to get enough AP points to get your acc level to 20 and the first couple days is somewhat restricted, which will take a couple days, but you can play unrated and just focus on completed the weekly and daily missions and you should be able to get to level 20 in a few days,

btw, in case you may wonder, only 5 agents are available to you and after reaching enough AP points, you get to unlock a free agent, but don't let that fool you, all agent's will be full unlockable once everything open up and you can play comp, you just need to select the agent you wish to contract with and then all AP gained goes towards unlocking that agent. reason they do this i imagine is so everyone a least know how to play the 5 basic agents and the agents they unlock to a reasonable level instead of just letting them pick from everything and gain almost zero skill in either which will have a negative affect everyone else you play with.

there's very little things to pay for in it compared to CSGO, there's BattlePass and then there's the store which have 1(sometimes 2) featured bundle which refresh every 20 days or so and 4 other weapons below it which refresh daily, so it's very much a "wait until what you want comes around then you can buy it".

if you have any other questions, then do let me know😸

7 hours ago, kazukidevnull said:

Can we as a forums come up with a way to help Valve implement something that improves VAC?

It doesn't have to be some ring0 kernel detection system.. but at least cutting down on the overwatch reports so the spinbotters and people with unreal aim precision are automatically flagged. 

Could be as simple as YARA Ruling but meant for the VAC engine. 

Imho.. It's sad to think that Valve made over a bill on the CS franchise and can't even develop an efficient anti-cheat.

This is partially why I believe there will be no next CS game.

20 minutes ago, JustTryingtoHelp said:

Can we as a forums come up with a way to help Valve implement something that improves VAC?

It doesn't have to be some ring0 kernel detection system.. but at least cutting down on the overwatch reports so the spinbotters and people with unreal aim precision are automatically flagged. 

Could be as simple as YARA Ruling but meant for the VAC engine. 

Imho.. It's sad to think that Valve made over a bill on the CS franchise and can't even develop an efficient anti-cheat.

valve have implemented some improvements to try reduce the amount of cheaters and also made competitive mode basically unavailable to free users and you have to pay $30 or something to be verified before you can play it, but it will still have problems which have mainly to do with valve focusing more on treating the symptoms while riot is more focusing on treating the problem and have invested huge amount of time and effort into to not only detect cheating by use of unwanted tools, but also unwanted behaviour or toxic behaviour such as AFK detections, acc boosting, smurfing and so forth compared to valve.

Also, Even with all the methods val use to detect unwanted tools usage, there's still cases of cheating involved, although they are more rare and a lot harder to do, val have also invested a lot more time and energy into ongoing game intervention instead of post game intervention, for instance, the few time i have reported someone cheating it have often been dealt with before the game is even manage to be over, and even if you did not straight up cheat, if you are found breaking the CoC too much you can quickly find yourself going from not earning XP/RR on your next game all the way up to months of ban if not permanent ones, as all offenses are accumulating, so any new infractions will be added on top of your existing instead of counted independently and so forth.

For the val players here, where you from anyway? I got both a NA and a EMEA accounts, so not that it matters that much, but would be nice to know where the majority of you folks are located

also, how do you folks want to exchange ID's, trough discord or trough just Forum DM's?

Also, you folks prefer separate VC(such as discord) or just using the in-game one?🤔

On 11/13/2022 at 8:17 PM, kazukidevnull said:

For the val players here, where you from anyway? I got both a NA and a EMEA accounts, so not that it matters that much, but would be nice to know where the majority of you folks are located

also, how do you folks want to exchange ID's, trough discord or trough just Forum DM's?

Also, you folks prefer separate VC(such as discord) or just using the in-game one?🤔

I’d be down to add people, probably mainly over Discord (once I find the invite again). I also prefer Discord VC myself. Hitting push-to-talk definitely isn’t 2nd nature to me.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:05 AM, JustTryingtoHelp said:

I think this is more a product of Valve’s development process where people work on projects that excite them rather than being lumped on a project and their workload being dictated. I think this is better for the developers though and helps with higher value products in the long run.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 1:11 AM, celebrimbor said:

Dota 2! 

same here. although i don't play too much any more. I usually play at odd hours for my friends and solo queue is just a shitshow.