Making it easier to change club visibility and club terminations

kazukidevnull

from what i can see there's no way to change the visibility of a club once it's created which sometimes can be a problem when it's found that the current club visibility is not set in accordance with what is suitable for the clubs purpose and thus need to be changed to make it more open or more restricted which appears currently to not be possible.

I can neither see a way to actually terminate a club as the owner once it's created which along with the stated problem above can cause some additional annoyance, uncertain if either or both is actually possible and i just missed something🤔 

It doesn't appear that the system allows for users or even global moderators to change club privacy settings. The only way to do it is via the admin panel. It may be due to the fact that changing privacy settings after the fact could be harmful to other club members, but not sure. 

If you'd like, I can override it in admin panel. Just let me know the club name and privacy settings you want. 

1 minute ago, MalwareTech said:

It doesn't appear that the system allows for users or even global moderators to change club privacy settings. The only way to do it is via the admin panel. It may be due to the fact that changing privacy settings after the fact could be harmful to other club members, but not sure. 

If you'd like, I can override it in admin panel. Just let me know the club name and privacy settings you want. 

ah, i figured something like that, i don't think some people realise that everything that is said in a open club will be posted to the global feed as well, which i can imagine can be somewhat annoying both for the club itself but also for everyone looking at the global feed and they see half of it in another language they may not even understand so it's just extra noise(looks towards the "German" club).

So may possible be a good idea to make a announcement or something that activities from open clubs will be visible on the global feed and that termination or club visibility settings can only be changed by a admin after the club is created. so that people are aware of it a least beforehand.

Also, if you could change Norway to closed then that would've been nice so i don't have to spam Norwegian to the whole bloody forum😂