Official RTX 4000 Series Waiting Thread

MalwareTech

Where's the waiting thread for people waiting for the 4000 series to drop in pricing due to too nvidia having way too much fab capacity for post crypto demand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

What about RX 7900 XTX?

Acording to reddit(via Max Weinbach) it is ~10 slower than RTX 4090 but 600$ cheaper and with a 95W less TDP 

Isn't it a viable alternative?

Just now, AlexCosmin said:

What about RX 7900 XTX?

Acording to reddit(via Max Weinbach) it is ~10 slower than RTX 4090 but 600$ cheaper and with a 95W less TDP 

For me it's about performance not price, if it's slower than my current GPU then no bueno. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexCosmin said:

What about RX 7900 XTX?

Viable for me. I don't game competitively, not looking to crack any hashes, and don't stream. I may be boring but oooh boy is it easier to have an acceptable graphics card. 

I recall Nvidia advertising the 3090/3090ti/4090 as professional (albeit entry-level) cards and not specifically for gaming. It would have been nice to see a vGPU or passthrough functionality included, even if limited to similar conditions as the 1080ti. Seems the only option for similar functionality is around $5,000 USD.

Edited by TheRealEliteOwl

Just now, syrniki said:

It also has a slight melting problem, so I'm not sure if the risk is worth the performance boost

As long as the cooling system can deal with the additional fire, I'll just be happy for above 144 FPS in PUBG. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MalwareTech said:

As long as the cooling system can deal with the additional fire, I'll just be happy for above 144 FPS in PUBG. 

this is why i decided to opt for the 3090 instead of waiting for the 4000s, it's cheaper and it have less chance melting my mb😂

• Like 2

I'm waiting for the bugs to be worked out (melty power cables). If the 3090 prices drop further, maybe I'll consider that route.

PUBG runs fine on my 2080ti (when there isn't a buggy driver version) so not in a hurry. 

4 hours ago, AlexCosmin said:

What about RX 7900 XTX?

Depends on what you're doing.  There are a lot of productivity/engineering/modeling apps that are only written to take advantage of CUDA.

I can see a few 4090s available, but I'm not paying 2300€ for a graphic card, no matter how good it is. I'll wait until January at least, hopefully the prices will be saner then.

23 hours ago, MalwareTech said:

Just make sure you've updated your home insurance and then you can upgrade your whole PC and office once Nvidia burn it to the ground, i don't see the issue.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blackthorne said:

Just make sure you've updated your home insurance and then you can upgrade your whole PC and office once Nvidia burn it to the ground, i don't see the issue.

It not an issue for me since I'm not upgrading until better content without microtransactions is developed or until I win the lottery, whichever comes first. 

On 11/5/2022 at 2:35 PM, kazukidevnull said:

this is why i decided to opt for the 3090 instead of waiting for the 4000s, it's cheaper and it have less chance melting my mb😂

I wanted a 3090Ti but couldn't find any (in stock) in a reasonable price range. Picked up a 3080Ti at a decent discount, though. Meets my needs. To be clear, practically anything would've been an upgrade from my original GTX 1070 Strix OC (the best 1070 in its day, but I got it long before the 1070Ti even existed).